Interview at ExxonMobil: A complete Guideline
So, you got an interview invitation from ExxonMobil for your first job interview. How do you proceed? Check out these tips from recruitment experts to help you prepare for this crucial step.
Your technical knowledge won’t be questioned. Instead, you should prepare relevant and meaningful examples from your past experiences before attending the interview. All applicants at ExxonMobil, from students and recent graduates to experienced professionals, are subject to these rules.
1. Learn the STAR method:
STAR is a structured approach to answering a behavioural-based interview question by discussing the situation, task, action, and result of the situation you are discussing.
- Situation – Describe the situation.
- Task – What were you trying to achieve?
- Action – What steps did you take to accomplish the task?
- Results – What results did you achieve?
Make a list of life and career situations that you can share, along with the relevant details; this will enable you to deliver better responses.
2. You should know what makes you a suitable fit for the position:
Explain why you think you will be a good fit for this position. Make sure your skillset and competencies align with the job requirements.
- Jobs In Abu Dhabi Oil Company- Apply Here
- Dubai Petroleum Jobs – Apply Now
- Shell Oil and Gas Company Jobs – Apply here
“Look at your competencies and how they will match with the job,” Andro Kahn, a Recruitment Manager, adds “Be clear as to why you are the best person for the job, and how you can add value. It really matters if you know the role, the company, why you want to apply for the role and how it will help you.”
The benefit of this simple self-evaluation is that you can more effectively communicate the value you can contribute.
By putting these tips to work during your interview, you may be one step closer to securing your dream job.
By putting these tips to work during your interview, you may be one step closer to securing
your dream job.
General Interview Questions
Employing managers use common interview questions to get to know you and how your personality fits
into their culture. Some of the questions the interviewer might ask include:
1. Tell us a bit about yourself?
2. Why do you want to work for us?
3. Which are your strongest skills?
4. How would you describe your professional development strategy?
5. What have you accomplished recently?
6. How do you stay current with industry practices?
7. Describe your ideal work environment.
8. Do you like leading a team?
9. In your first 90 days here, what do you hope to accomplish?
10. What engineering principles have contributed to your success?
11. How do you resolve conflicts?
12. What strategies do you think support effective collaboration?
13. Five to ten years from now, where do you see yourself?
14. Is there anything you hope to gain from this position?
15. Is there anything you need to know about the job?
Apply Now Click Below – apply Now here Oil and Gas Jobs
Questions about experience and background in Petroleum Industry:
Your background and experience in petroleum engineering show how you can contribute to this
job. You should expect the following questions during your interview:
1. Why did you choose petroleum engineering?
2. What is your education background?
3. Do you currently hold credentials?
4. Do you have a favourite aspect of petroleum engineering?
5. What projects have you handled?
6. Please describe your experience with extraction sites.
7. What was your last employer’s assessment of you?
8. What methods do you use to design a project?
9. What methods do you use to ensure team members follow safety regulations?
10. Which equipment do you use to test and evaluate drill sites?
11. How do you ensure your work is accurate?
12. Could you give some examples of how you document project specifications?
13. Do you have experience with artificial lift technologies?
14. Describe a process that you initiated but failed to meet your expectations.
Site related Questions:
These questions can help interviewers evaluate your techniques, performance and approaches
to ensuring safety on the job:
1. When planning an extraction procedure, what factors do you take into consideration?
2. What is the most effective way to ensure the waste removal process complies with
3. How do you conduct tests and analyses?
4. How do you accomplish enhanced oil recovery?
5. Are there any risk mitigation procedures while working on the extraction site?
6. Describe how you communicate with local residents living near extraction sites.
7. Describe how you document drilling conditions via well logs.
8. How are you able to determine the pressure needed for reservoir extrusion?
9. What methods do you use to determine the reservoir material?
10. On an active oil drilling site, how can you ensure that the well perforations are
11. Could you tell me about your experience with natural gas extraction?
12. When is it appropriate to use underbalanced drilling?
13. What are the benefits of gas injection?
14. For ensuring oil lubricants’ quality, what are the best refinery processes?