GuideOne Insurance Opening the Jobs — Apply Online Now
GuideOne Insurance was founded in 1947 upon a commitment to social responsibility. We continue the tradition today, proudly protecting the people who strengthen our communities. GuideOne serves churches, educational institutions, senior living and health care centers and nonprofit organizations with commercial insurance solutions
GuideOne Insurance was founded upon two key philosophies: a commitment to social responsibility and a dedication to serving customers who strengthen the community. During the mid-1940s, GuideOne founder, William N. Plymat, set out to create an auto insurance company that would insure non-drinkers at lower rates. Plymat believed drivers who did not drink deserved a discount because they kept roads safe and losses down. On April 1, 1947, Plymat’s Preferred Risk Mutual Insurance Company – which would later become GuideOne Insurance – became licensed to operate in Iowa.
A History of Firsts
GuideOne has continued to grow with a history of firsts:
- GuideOne introduced America’s first multi-peril package policy for churches in 1962.
- In the mid-1970s, GuideOne expanded its coverage to the colleges and seminaries of its church customers.
- In 1980, GuideOne donated seed money to help Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) expand nationally.
- In the early 1980s, GuideOne began insuring senior living communities.
- In 1994, GuideOne formed a construction company (now known as GC3) to focus on the repair and reconstruction after a claim.
- In the mid-1990s, the GuideOne Insurance name was officially adopted to create a unified, identifiable product and a strong national brand.
- In the mid-2000s, GuideOne introduced safechurch.com. SafeChurch® is the most comprehensive risk management website for GuideOne church customers.
Today, GuideOne currently insures more than 49,000 churches across the country.